Oh. My. Heck. This styled shoot was a dream come true. Photographing the most flirtatious couple as the sun set along the Oregon coast with the sound of laughter and the tide washing over the rocks as the soundtrack is just giving me all the heart eyes. Every time I see these images, I just swoon.
I wanted to share these a lot sooner than now, but let me tell y’all: September was busyyyyyyyy. 3 weddings, a trip to Los Angeles, a trip to Chicago, my little brother’s Navy graduation, and of course the usual amount of portraits. BUSY. And I’ve loved every second of it. I feel like I’ve had all of 10 minutes to catch my breath before this weekend’s double wedding. I knew September had a lot going on, but it’s going to be a walk in the park compared to October. If you’re a photographer reading this, then you are probably sitting at your desk thinking “Mmhmm! October is crayyyyyy”. If you’re not in the industry, let me put it this way: October is to photographers as April is to accountants. For Swan Photography, we have 5 weddings, 2 portrait sessions, work-life balance, and Halloween. Plus travel. PLUS editing. And then comes November. But I’m not even gonna get started on that because… THIS STYLED SHOOT GAVE ME LIFE AND I’VE BEEN SITTING ON IT SINCE AUGUST AND I JUST CAN’T HIDE IT FROM THE WORLD ANY LONGER. Oh, and if you’re reading this for details about my FREE DESTINATION COVERAGE GIVEAWAY, keep scrolling 😉 Details will be down at the bottom.
Back to the Oceanside elopement.
These images were captured at the Tyler Rye Workshop. It felt like it was only yesterday, but time really does fly when you’re having fun. Every detail was styled to perfection by the ever lovely Ginny Au. Katie with Ponderosa & Thyme outdid herself with this epic floral headpiece that I think everyone in attendance was just gushing over. Two vintage Cathy Telle dresses swished and flowed to match the ambiance of the ocean tide. I wish I could transplant this coastal town to Texas. I need more beach sessions in my life.
Anyone else getting major Khal Drogo vibes? (If you don’t know who that is, go binge watch “Game of Thrones” RIGHT NOW).
What did I tell you? Magical. Now that you’ve seen this, aren’t you just dying to elope in an epic location? Well, have I got news for you: Swan Photography is hosting possibly our coolest contest ever. I’ve always had a gypsy soul, and the more I travel, the more I fall in love with it. In January, it will be our 7th year of shooting weddings, and we wanted to combine our love for travel plus our adoration for weddings and give back to a couple in love. From NOW until December 31, 2017 I am running a contest with the GRAND PRIZE being FREE Destination Wedding or Elopement Coverage to one lucky couple! Here are the rules:
- Couples must submit a selfie along with their love story. Couples, this is your time to be as lovey dovey and detailed as you possibly can. I want to hear it all! How you met, how they proposed, why you picked your location, and anything else that you want to share about your love story. Images must be submitted directly to Swan Photography at email@example.com
- Images + Love Stories will be shared on my Swan Photography Facebook page in a specific folder.
- Friends + Family will go like the image AND comment why they think their couple of choice deserves to win.
- Contest is open until 11:59 p.m. Central Time March 1, 2018.
- The winning couple will receive FREE Destination Wedding or Elopement coverage–that’s worth over $3,000!!! The only expenses out of pocket is our travel–flights, hotel accommodation, and rental car (if applicable).
- Wedding or Elopement must take place in 2018 or 2019 and must be on a date that Swan Photography has available.
- There will be a prize for 2nd and 3rd place!
Engaged and planning a destination wedding? Submit now! I cannot wait to hear your stories 🙂
HUGE shoutout to all the fabulous vendors who created this masterpiece:
Host: Tyler Rye // Stylist: Ginny Au // Florist: Ponderosa & Thyme // HMUA: Austie Eckley // Jewelry: Victor Barbone Jewelry // Dresses: Cathy Telle // Paper: Farmette Press // Ribbons: Frou Frou Chic // Styling Surfaces: Simply Rooted Surfaces + Pilgrim & Co. // Rentals: Classic Vintage Rentals // Calligraphy: Graceline // Assistants: MacCoy + Dallas Merkley // Sponsors: Magnolia Rouge, Fuji Film, and Square Muse