Ohhhhhh 2014. What an interesting year. To say it was easy and everything I wanted it to be would be a lie, but I will say that I achieved so many of my goals I had set for myself, as well as met/photographed some amazingly beautiful people, and made new friends.
It was full of many personal hardships, but I do believe that God gave me those challenges to make me a stronger person and to test my faith; while I may not have passed with flying colors, I still passed and firmly believe that everything happens for a reason.
Before sharing my absolute favorite photos from the year, I thought I would share the goals I have reached:
- Attend a photography workshop
- Meet Jerry Ghionis (which I did when I attended his spectacular How to Wow tour)
- Purchase a Canon 70-200 lens
- Make my business OFFICIAL. Swan Photography, Inc. happened officially in July
- Have 10 weddings booked for 2015 before 2014 was over (I’m starting the new year with 12 booked! Woohoo!)
- Charge what I think I’m worth
- Make new friends
- Photograph a wedding at the Marty Leonard Chapel
- Include albums with my wedding packages
- Plan and shoot a styled wedding
It may not be the longest list, but I am super proud of what I accomplished last year. I can’t wait to start checking off goals for my 2015!
And now… PICTURE TIME!
It’s been an amazing ride. Thank you all for your support, love, and continued booking! I wouldn’t be anywhere near where I am right now without you.
Special thanks to my amazing photographer buddies who have helped me grow and taught me so much! Shout out to Jessica Rambo for being the best second shooter EVER and an awesome friend. Shoutout to Amanda Dykan for basically saving my life and helping me when my family was in need.
I can’t wait to see what all is going to happen this year! It’s going to be my best ever, I can feel it.
A few goals for the year:
Book & Photograph a destination wedding
Meet Jasmine Star/Attend one of her workshops
Have one of my weddings published in print!
Get featured on some awesome Wedding blogs
Try something new every day
Well, I think that’s it for now! I hope you enjoyed all the pretty that was just blogged. I love you all SO SO SO much!